Updated as of October 27, 2018
(*In the USA, The First Amendment gives people the right to express their opinions on their own platform, not on mine. My blog/website is my platform and my rights are to control both the atmosphere and the influence of the speech that happens there. Thus, I have created my own comments policy borrowing ideas from others around the web.)
It is my desire that the conversations on Follow the Piper show respect to one another. With that in mind, here is my comments policy.
By posting on my blog, you agree to the following:
- To post a comment you must provide a name and email address. This is to promote personal integrity. I will not use, abuse, or sell the addresses entered in the comments. If you’d like to sign up for email updates, you may do so in the sidebar.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. So, for the benefit of others, please feel free to share your question.
- You may disagree with me. And you are welcome to share that you do. I appreciate honesty. However, I must ask that if you disagree with me—or anyone else, for that matter—that you do so in a way that is respectful. I will not tolerate unwholesome or degrading speech.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog, not mine.
- Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) off-color; (b) off-topic; (c) whiney, pouty or complaining, (d) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of integrity, decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (e) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them, and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, an e-book, a book, a video, or presentation.
TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS)
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Follow the Piper does not give permission to download, copy, use or otherwise re-produce the photos on its site. Permission is granted to purchase, or if free content, to download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Follow the Piper web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- use the materials as the basis for your own materials or courses
- resell or redistribute the materials
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Follow the Piper or its owners at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Follow the Piper are provided “as is”. The owners make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the owners do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. In no event shall Follow the Piper, its owners or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Follow the Piper Internet site, even if Follow the Piper or a Follow the Piper authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
The materials appearing on Follow the Piper web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Follow the Piper and its owners do not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Follow the Piper or an authorized Follow the Piper representative may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Follow the Piper does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Follow the Piper has not reviewed all the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by Follow the Piper or its owners. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Follow the Piper is a written and maintained by Amy Piper, and her team. For questions about this blog, please contact us.
Follow the Piper accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, third party advertising, affiliate links and/or other forms of compensation.
Follow the Piper abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of Follow the Piper is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely that of the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
Follow the Piper does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
AFFILIATE LINKS DISCLOSURE
Follow the Piper does provide links to different products, retailers or organizations on our site. We may also place affiliate links on sidebars. We encourage you to follow these links and check them out. If you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we will make a commission from the sale, without any additional cost to you. We only recommend things that we have used personally and love.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact:
- Full name of legal entity: Amy Piper of Follow the Piper
- Mailing address: 4200 Mountain Glade Drive, Holt, MI 48842
- Email address: [email protected]